Sunday, February 20, 2011

Less than 4 Months!

AHHHH we are less than 4 months away from the wedding, and half way through our engagement!

We have our first wedding shower Saturday March 19th in San Antonio, it will be a womens only shower hosted by my mom, sister and 3 of my bridesmaids.

We have a couples shower in Midland scheduled for May 14th. This shower is going to be hosted by 2 of Matt's aunts, sister and 2 former teachers/family friends from Kermit. I am excited to have a shower where Matt will be involved!

I had my first dress fitting today, I ordered my dress a size small and it already zips! HOORAY! They are taking 5 inches off and will be saving the extra material so that I can use it for a christening gown or bonnet in the future :)

We did decide to book The Cakery as our baker for both mine and Matt's cakes. His groom's CAKES are going to rock! I am going to keep them a secret, ask him for more info, just know they are 100% his taste!
My cake is going to be round, 3 tier with butter cream frosting and red roses, we will be using a monogrammed W as our cake topper.

We made our registry at Target last weekend and had so much fun picking out new things for our future home!

I also went ahead and ordered our original invitation selection from an online company. We decided that we would use the gift certificate we won for invitations to the rehearsal dinner. I cant wait to actually have our invitations, it seems to make it so much more official.

We found a Lifehouse (bible study) for us with other married couples and we really enjoyed it. We have our last pre-marital counseling session this Tuesday, I feel like we have definitely learned some valuable information that will help us once we are married.

I am feeling much more encouraged today about waiting for the wedding, some days I am just ready to drag Matt down to the courthouse and make it official! I know that June 11th is going to be amazing and I know that I have dreamed about this FOREVER, and it will be worth it.

School is going better, still hard but I am getting the hang of it! Hopefully next year will be even easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment