Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tuesday June 14th- An adventure trying to leave

So we are destined to leave Lubbock on Tuesday June 14th. My maid of honor, Alysha, came to take Matt and I to the airport at 4:30 pm, our flight was to leave at 5:40 pm. We arrive, check our bags, go through security without a problem. Get to the gate, settle in to reading and talking with each other, 5:30 is nearing and our plane is no where in sight.... bad sign. At 5:35 they come over the loudspeaker and announce, our plane has finally LEFT Dallas Love Field, a 55 minute flight, so we are basically an hour delayed. Problem #1 our connection in Austin was due to leave 50 minutes after we arrived. We are assured by Southwest that our flight will wait for us in Austin and we will still arrive in Sacramento at 10:15 that evening.

We finally get on the plane and fly to Austin. Once in Austin we rush to our connecting gate. Problem #2 again our plane is no where in sight. They left without us... DUH! We go to the gate desk and they instantly ask me if I am Tiffany, and tell me they have switched my flight. (They struggled with Matt's ticket but evenutally fixed it) We will leave Austin and go to Phoenix and connect in Phoenix to Sacramento. Not ideal, but we will end up in Cali right?

After a long wait in Austin and Phoenix we finally arrive at Sacramento, CA (with our bags praise God) at 1:15 am local time, 3:15 Texas time. My wonderful Uncle Charlie met us and took us back to his and my Aunt Pam's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment