Sunday, May 1, 2011

May is here, 41 days until the big day

So May is officially here, and it is 47 degrees in Lubbock. Not quite what I expected when I got up for church!

Yesterday I had my bridal portraits with our wonderful photographer, Linda Schilberg, she did such a great job of helping me capture this time and all of the emotions I have. It is such a surreal feeling to be in my dress and for people (strangers) to congratulate me.

We met this week with the Pastor who will marry us and it just affirmed to me that I have found my "person." I am so very blessed to have found the person that God created just for me, Matt complements me and is going to be a great spiritual leader for our family! We hope that when people leave our ceremony they understand how important we are to each other and how important Christ is to both of us and how we would be nothing without him.

We are nearing the end of our engagement time, and I am actually beginning to be thankful for the time we had to be engaged and prepare for our marriage. I have tried very hard to not think about preparing for a wedding but a marriage instead. I want a wonderful and strong marriage, the wedding day is important but forever means so much more to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment